This is the perfect system to bring SLT into your practice at a reasonable cost that is very reliable, easy to use and works flawlessly. This is also one of the most reliable SLT lasers ever made.
- The Selecta 7000 is the original SLT Laser, built from the legendary 7970 Yag
- This model offers similar incredibly reliable characteristics at an SLT wavelength
- The Coherent Medical Lumenis Selecta 7000 is an SLT (Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty) system using a frequency-doubled, Q-switched Nd:YAG.
- Delivers single pulses of 0.1 to 2.0 millojoules per pulse with a pulse duration of approximately 3 nanoseconds.
- Low energy, short pulsed treatment confines thermal damage to cells containing the target pigment or chromophore.
- In the case of trabecular meshwork, this target is represented by the pigmented cells.
- The nanosecond pulse duration is also an important factor in preventing collateral and coagulative damage
- Designed to perform selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT), which incorporates a technique for the treatment of open angle glaucoma
- SLT lowers intraocular pressure by using short pulses of an Nd:YAG laser to target melanin-containing cells in the trabecular meshwork, resulting in increased fluid outflow.
The limitations of argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) are primarily related to its coagulative effect, which leads to scarring of the trabecular meshwork. SLT retains the therapeutic benefit of laser treatment — reduced intraocular pressure, without the collateral thermal damage to non-melanin containing cells and to the trabecular meshwork structure.
First FDA approved SLT laser to ever enter the market.
Stand alone and self-contained within its own slit lamp and table
We offer easy and flexible financing options on new and used ophthalmic equipment, including, Bausch & Lomb, Visx, Zeiss Humphrey, Topcon, Canon, Alcon and more! Maximize your budget and improve your bottom line with Laser Locators easy equipment financing plan. We have partnered with Stearns Bank to provide financing to our customers.